PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE – Brake Fluid Replacement
Is your vehicle’s brake fluid in good condition?
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BRAKE FLUID
Brake fluid is a highly hygroscopic substance, meaning that it attracts humidity and builds condensation. This leads to the contamination and deterioration of the fluid and shortens the life of the master cylinders (very expensive parts), pneumatic components, brake tubing and nozzles considerably. To best protect your braking system, the used fluid must be completely removed and replaced.
OUR BRAKE FLUID (OIL) REPLACEMENT PROCESS
- We remove the contaminated fluid from the hydraulic system using Valvoline tools.
- We fill the system with Valvoline’s Ultra-Dry, High-Temperature DOT 4 Brake Fluid, known for preventing corrosion.
- We inspect the braking system to find leaks, master cylinder corrosion, pneumatic component wear, harmful varnish deposit accumulation, rusted or damaged drain valves, worn rotors or drums and presence of air in the brake tubing.
RESULTS OF THIS PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE SERVICE
- Safer and more efficient braking.
- Extended part life.
- Protection against rust and corrosion.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD THIS MAINTENANCE SERVICE BE CARRIED OUT?
We recommend that brake fluid be replaced when it is contaminated. If it isn’t contaminated, then it should be done every 2 years or every 50,000 km.
VALVOLINE PROTECTION PLAN
This maintenance service uses Valvoline products, equipment and processes that have been specifically designed so that your vehicle can reach its maximum performance level. When this service is part of a complete maintenance program and carried out under the terms and conditions of the Valvoline Protection Plan, your vehicle is covered by the plan, without time or mileage limits!
Braking fluid replacement prices vary between garages, and some are more expensive than others.
When you use our preventive maintenance services, you can trust that your vehicle’s braking fluid will be replaced by highly qualified technicians who use cutting-edge technology and equipment and top-quality products. All this, at competitive prices!