Brake fluid is a very hygroscopic substance, which means that it attracts moisture and promotes condensation. This causes contamination and deterioration of the liquid and consequently shortens the life of the master cylinders (very expensive parts), pneumatic components, brake lines and tips. For maximum protection of the braking system, the used fluid must be completely drained and replaced.
procedure followed by our technicians
- Drain contaminated liquid throughout the hydraulic system using Valvoline tools.
- Filling the system with the Valvoline Ultra-Dry High-Temperature DOT4 Brake Formula renowned to prevent corrosion.
- Brake system inspection to identify leaks, master cylinder corrosion, wear of pneumatic components, build-up of harmful varnish deposits, rusty or broken bleed valves, worn rotors or drums, and presence of air in the brake line.
- More efficient and safer braking
- Extended life of parts
- Protection against rust and corrosion
Frequency of service
This service is recommended when the brake fluid is contaminated – or every 2 years or 50,000km.
Valvoline protection plan
- This service includes the use of Valvoline products, equipment and processes specifically designed for your vehicle to achieve optimum performance.
- When this service is part of a comprehensive maintenance program and is performed according to the terms and conditions specified in this program, your vehicle is covered by the Valvoline Protection Plan – no time limit; no mileage limit!
- Information about the Valvoline Protection Plan.